Yachting Solutions was conceived as a “one stop shop”, creating the ultimate in customer convenience by providing everything from sales and maintenance to dockage and storage. We are the industry’s leading yacht services provider, delivering the highest level of quality service, value, and customer convenience. In addition, we offer crew and captain services, unparalleled resto-modifications and 24-hour emergency response assistance.
At Yachting Solutions, our goal is to not only meet our client's expectations but to anticipate and exceed them.
- Understanding and implementing the Company’s vision
- Complying with all of the Company’s policies and procedures
- Complying with the companies confidentiality and non-compete agreements
- Being a team player and working well with others
- Assuming responsibility for day to day operations of on and off-site activities.
- Maintaining and accurately completing the log book for each vessel operated by Captain.
- Ensuring the safety of passengers, crew, environment and vessel
- Ensuring passenger satisfaction
- Managing the crew, assisting in the training of crew, the piloting of the vessel itself as well as the smaller vessels, i.e. dingy of the vessel and in inspecting the vessel and its components.
- Legal and regulatory compliance
- Maintaining boat and equipment generally and for each sail, including:
- Ensuring boat is properly detailed/cleaned prior and ensuring that all the supplies need for the day are present.
- Ensuring lines are coiled on the dock and all flags and other incendiaries are completed.
- Completing systems checklist.
- Resolving problems with customers with the assistance of the Director of Summer Services as may be required.
- Assisting the yard and marina personnel with projects
- Maintain customers lines and fenders and order new as needed
- Maintain fuel storage of dingy gas tanks and propane
- Performing other additional tasks as may be assigned by Company management, including but not limited to the Director of Summer Services.
- Calm and charismatic personality
- Strong customer service skills
- Superior leadership, communication, management and diplomacy skills
- Excellent boat handling and navigational skills
- Excellent ISM and ISPS knowledge and practices
- Excellent maintenance, engineering, and technical / troubleshooting experience
- The ability to manage crew
- Ability to remain composed and give directions in an emergency situation
- Organizational skills
- Knowledge of all types of vessels (power and sail)
- Ability to crew all types of vessels (power and sail) and perform all functions on the vessel
- Technical Management and understanding
- The ability to analyze information
- The ability to solve problems
- Extensive computer and development knowledge
- The ability to plan strategically and ensure quality
- Captains must be at least 18 years of age
- Captains must hold a valid Captain's license and driver's license
- Must legally be able to work in the United States
- Captain: 4 years
- White boat: 4 years
Required licenses or certifications:
- Driver's License
- Captain's license